Making friends with people can be a simple way to reduce adversity and increase joy in your life. People like to connect with, do business with and refer, other people who they Know, they Like and they Trust.
The KLT Factor
Becoming someone that others Know, Like and Trust (I refer to as the KLT Factor), does not happen by accident. It happens through intention. It happens through making friends with those you come in contact with. These contacts could be your co-workers, they could be your current or future clients, they could be your neighbor or even the barista at your local coffee shop.
When you are known as a person who spreads positive energy where ever you go, you will make friends. You will attract others to your cause and your life can be far less challenging.
Don’t even try to do it alone
What I found when writing LEMON CRUSHERS; A Working Woman’s Guide to Overcoming Adversity, was that women who overcame adversity in their lives did not do it alone. Each one of the case study women who is featured in the book, achieved their success through the help of a friend, mentor, colleague or family member. What was most shocking to me was many of the people who reached out to help were not asked, they simply stepped up.
Generally people do not step up to help other people that they do not KNOW, LIKE or TRUST. That means that the women who were challenged had MADE a FRIEND, before they NEEDED a FRIEND.
Another way to state that is that You need to Be a Friend before you Need a Friend.
20 Irresistible Ways to Make Friends and Attract Customers
1. Be Kind
2. Show Appreciation
3. Be Generous with Compliments
4. Develop your People Skills
5. Be Positive
6. Speak Truth with Kindness (Truth spoken without Tact is Cruelty)
7. Be Generous with Referrals
8. Pull Your Weight (Do your job well, don’t Burden Others)
9. Take time to Really Listen with Others Speak.
10. Don’t Burn Bridges
11. Be Humble
12. Be Interesting
13. Use “Please” and “Thank You”
14. Don’t Participate in Office Politics or Gossip
15. Be Solution Focused, not Problem Focused
16. Celebrate the Success of Others
17. Become the Friend You want Others to Be for You
18. Control Your Anger.
19. Never Hit “SEND” When You are Emotionally Charged
20. Make Others feel Special, Important and Valued.
Making friends with those around you makes life far easier and far more fun! Whenever possible seek to be kind and build relationships with those around you. You will be amazed how eager people are to serve and help you out in return.
Be a Lemon Crusher!
Signing Off -Pearl Galbraith
For more on helping working women make Lemonade out of Lemons you would love Pearl’s book Lemon Crushers; A Working Woman’s Guide to Overcoming Adversity!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no cost to you! For more information, read our disclaimer.